The Clay Mathematics Institute and Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research are organising a virtual two-week summer school on “Dynamics and Geometry” in summer 2021, hosted by the School of Mathematics at the University of Bristol.
This will be the third in a series of UK postgraduate mathematics summer schools, jointly funded by the Clay Mathematics Institute and the Heilbronn Institute for Mathematical Research.Dynamics and Geometry are two intertwined areas of mathematics that have seen revolutionary breakthroughs in recent years. In this online summer school world-leading experts (see below) will speak about some of these developments, alongside problem sessions and other opportunities for discussion and interaction. The full summer school programme will be released closer to the event.
- Francisco Arana-Herrera, Stanford University
- Alex Eskin, University of Chicago
- Elise Goujard, Bordeaux Mathematics Institute
- Ursula Hamenstadt, University of Bonn
- Yair Minsky, Yale University
- Amir Mohammadi, UC San Diego
- Barak Weiss, Tel Aviv University
Applications are now open, please apply here. The application deadline is 7 May 2021, 23:59 GMT.
Join the Heilbronn Event mailing list to keep up to date with our upcoming events.